K SIGHT WORDS
*The words highlighted in pink are the words that we've learned so far!*
Reading Street Unit 1:
I am a to
October's Monthly Fun Sight Word Practice Suggestion:
Try reading and writing sight words using GLITTER! It's fun and easy to try. Just pour some salt mixed with glitter in a baking pan, tin, or tray...and let the fun begin!
Reading Street Unit 2:
the little is have my like we he for
November's Monthly Fun Sight Word Practice Suggestion:
This month try reading and writing sight words using Play-Doh!
November Game Idea:
Fall Roll & Stamp
- First, roll the dice. Find that number on the Fall Roll & Stamp game board and READ the sight word. If read correctly, stamp or color that word.
- Repeat with the next person.
- If a number is rolled and there are no words left, you skip your turn.
- The winner is the person who has colored the most sight words!
Reading Street Unit 3:
me with she see look they you of
December Game Idea:
- Place all of the sight word bugs down on the table.
- Call out a sight word and have your child SWAT IT with their fly swatter.
- If they say the word correctly, they keep the bug. If it’s incorrect, it stays on the table.
- Keep playing until all the bugs are gone. Have your child try to get faster with each time they play!
Reading Street Unit 4:
are that do one two three four five here go from
January's Sight Word Game: POP!
- First, put all of the sticks into a container.
- Next, take turns having you and your child choose a stick and read the sight word. If read correctly, the person keeps the stick. If read incorrectly, the stick goes back into the container. If a POP stick is picked, then that person must put back all of their sight word sticks back into the container. The POP stick stays out.
- Play until all sticks are gone and the container is empty.
- The winner is the person who has the most sight word sticks at the end!
Reading Street Unit 5:
green yellow blue what said was where come
Reading Street Unit 6: Review!